Our Pasadena Symphony & POPS Volunteers are active and engaged arts supporters from around the community who make so much of what we do possible. To volunteer, please click the link below to fill out our online application and we will contact you as volunteer opportunities become available.
Our volunteers are an integral and highly valued part of our success as a performing arts organization. The benefits of volunteering include complimentary tickets, the exclusive Dining Club Card (see our website for details), invitations to special volunteer appreciation events, service hours credit for students and last but not least the joy of knowing that your contributions of time and energy are deeply valued and gratefully received.
Volunteer Orientation and Training:
We provide periodic orientation and training sessions to our volunteers as needed.
Concert Staff Volunteers:
• Venue Assistants are primarily energetic and enthusiastic high school and college students who assist in light venue setup and in welcoming our summer POPS attendees to our new home at the Rose Bowl by helping them carry their picnic baskets from the automobile drop off point to their tables (these volunteers must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds).
• Greeters are an important component of our overall public presence year round and are responsible for handing out programs, answering general questions and providing a friendly and enthusiastic presence at all of our public events.
• Ticket Takers and Ushers are a key part of our Summer POPS concert series and are responsible for taking tickets at the entrance to the venue and directing patrons to their seats, accurately and graciously.
Development & Outreach Volunteers:
• Development and Outreach Volunteers assist in the implementation of our development programs including involvement with special events and audience outreach.
Marketing Table Volunteers:
• Marketing Table Volunteers assist in promoting Pasadena Symphony & POPS programs at public events. They assist in answering questions about upcoming programs, events and ticket offers and assist in selling concert related souvenirs as needed.
Youth Program Volunteers:
• Musical Circus/Musical Instrument Petting Zoo Volunteers – An essential part of our education and outreach efforts, volunteers assist in the set-up and oversight of musical instruments displayed for an interactive educational experience for children of all ages. Volunteers must have an interest and willingness to work with young children and parents. Knowledge of a musical instrument or instruments is helpful but not essential. A very fun and exciting volunteer experience.